Monday, October 09, 2006

I knew the sore shoulder was bullshit!!!


As many of us know Daunte Culpepper sat out of Sunday's game against the New England Patriots. There was certainly speculation to what was the reasons for benching Culpepper and it was said that he had a bruised shoulder. Sure that makes sense, I mean he has been sacked 21 times so far this season. He has been taking alot of hits so yeah, i'm sure he would be a little banged up, but I just didn't buy it. I was talking with Davey as soon as I heard that he would be benched for Joey Harrington, I immediately said "bullshit, he's not injured, they just want to play Harrington". So far this year C-Pep has went 23/39 929 yds and only 2 TDs and 3 INTs. Obviously not really the numbers that anyone was expecting to see. In fact alot of people were picking the Dolphins to make it to the Superbowl this year, at 1-4, I think it might be safe assumption that Miami won't be making the Superbowl, probably won't even make the playoffs unless they turn a complete 360 around soon.

Earlier today, reports came out that stated the real reason for Daunte getting benched was because of a heated argument that he and head coach Nick Saban had during practice on friday.

The argument came the same day that Saban told the media he had yet to name a starter for Sunday's game against the Pats. Saban eventually settled on Joey Harrington, saying Culpepper's struggles with mobility and a right shoulder bruise were the reasons he was changing starters. Bullshit!!!

Even with the change of QB's the results were the same. A Dolphins' loss. Harrington went 26/41 232 yds 0TD and 2 INTs, he also was sacked once. Like I said, the Phins' lost to the Pats 20-10.

After Sunday's game, Saban declined to comment about the argument, the Herald reported. He did, however, praise Culpepper's desire to play.

"He's a pit bull, kicking in the corner, giving his last breath," Saban said. "He'll put his career on the line for the team. I love that in the guy. I love it."

Daunte Culpepper aslo declined to comment after the game.

Whether or not who the starting Quarterback will be next Sunday against the New York Jets. I also should metion that Davey, a die-hard Miami fan(I don't know why) said that he wouldn't mind if Harrington started again.

No comments: