Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Chick-Fil-A or bust...

Well when I was browsing around ESPN this evening, I stubbled upon this. It's a list of all the bowls this year and the projected teams that will play in them. Some I agree with, some I disagree with. And by disagree I mean, I hope it doesn't happen. Here's a small list of thoughts on this, enjoy.

1. The FedEx Orange Bowl

The projected matchup is Georgia Tech vs. Louisville. First of all that would mean GT would win the ACC, which I would rather not happen(some of you may remember, I had a couple of choice words about GT's effort against my Hokies). Although I am positive Louisville would come out victorious, I would prefer nothing good happen to GT(such as a BCS bid).

2. Chick-fil-A Bowl

Ok, this is apparently our bowl. Both Ivan Maisel and Mark Schlabach have predicted My Hokies to play in this bowl, but there is a dispute on who we will play. Maisel says Tennessee and Schalabach says Georgia. Honestly I don't care who we play, I feel our defensive and our speacial teams are better than both of them. Offense, there is still some questions. Sean Glennon hasn't necessarily been the most consistant quarterback but when he's on...he's on. Both UT and UGA both kinda have a runningback by commitee, now i'm not to familar with the runningback situation in Tennessee but they have 3 possible starters, LaMarcus Coker, Montario Hardesty and Arian Foster. To be honest the only one that I have seen play is Arian Foster, but i'm not worried. In Georgia I am defintely aware of their trio of good runningbacks. Kregg Lumpkin has distanced himself as the starter but Danny Ware and Thomas Brown are just as good. Trust me, I would take Branden Ore over all of them, and i'm not just being biased(I swear).

3. BCS Championship Game

Both Maisel and Schalabach say it's going to be Ohio State and USC. And I have to say I agree with them. I'm not a big fan of USC at all, to be honest I think they are overrated. But i'm not really in favor for a re-match so I guess I have to settle for USC. If I had my choice, it would be Ohio State vs. Florida. But unless USC loses at least 1 game and Florida wins the SEC(likely) and the voters jump Florida over Michigan, I don't see it happening.

That's all for now....maybe i'll do a couple more later.

No comments: