Saturday, November 25, 2006

Fighting Gobblers-17 Hoo's-0

I had a great post written but my computer froze up before I got to save it, so now you have to deal with this....

Another dominating game for the Hokie defense. We held UVA to 112 total yards, allowed only 5 first downs and forced 2 turnovers. I said earlier that I expected Branden Ore to play and of course he didn't. But that's ok, I want him to have all the time that he possibly can for our Chick-Fil-A bowl game. In his absence was freshman runningback, Kenny Lewis. Lewis was very good today, going for 19 carries for 79 yards. George Bell also got playing time and played very well, he racked up 41 yards on 14 carries and got the only rushing touchdown of the day. Sean Glennon made 1 mistake today, an interception early in the first quarter that resulted for nothing for the Cavs. Other than that one bad throw, he was very accurate and went 12-18 for 148 yds and 1 TD, he also chipped in with 31 yards on the ground.

Brandon Pace added to his Virginia Tech record with his 22nd straight field goal in the third quarter. But in the fourth quarter he lined up for a 47 yard attempt, the only problem is his career longest is 46, so I was extremely worried, but I still had faith in him. It was a good snap, a good hold, but it was just wide right.(does that bring back in good memories Davey?) During the game the guys in the booth mentioned that with Brandon Pace's third quarter field goal he moved into first place all-time in FG PCT. I don't remember the guy who he passed but he was old, like 1930 old.

So it looks like we are Chick-Fil-A bowl bound. Who we will face is still up in the air, i'm thinking it's going to be Georgia. Which is more than ok with me.

2 comments:

Dave said...

wide right. Wonderful memories...

Jay said...

hahaha...i thought that would brighten your day