Thursday, November 16, 2006

See rumors can be hurtful...

As some of you may know, there has been a recent trade rumor with my Atlanta Braves that made me drool and soil myself. The rumor either started late last night or early this morning and it stated that the San Diego Padres would send SP Jake Peavy and RP Scott Linebrink to the Atlanta Braves for 2B Marcus Giles, SP Horacio Ramirez and C Jarrod Saltalamacchia. This potential blockbuster trade was first reported here. When I read this, sure I was excited by the possibilities, but it was a little hard to believe that the Padres would be willing to part with their ace and potential Cy Young winner. But the more it was discussed on the BravesJournal, I dismissed that idea and it started to make alot more sense. The Padres have a big hole to fill at 2nd base, which Giles would fill nicely, Salty is a stud prospect, thought by many to be the best catching prospect out there and HoRam is a young, talented pitcher that has just had his share of injuries(probably a throw in). The more and more I thought about the possibilities that we could land Peavy and Linebrink, the more drool flowed from my stationary jaw. Later on I found out that Linebrink wasn't in the talks, but I didn't really care at that point. I wanted Peavy...bad!!! Besides that one site, I couldn't find anyother sites to support this rumor. After alot of searching, it finally paid off, on MLBtraderumors.com they had a post basically confirming what had been said earlier, that the deal was close to being done, then AJC mentioned it on a blog, then it was mentioned on a fan forum of the Braves(which should never be trusted). But of course I trusted it, along with everything else. So like the smug bastard I am, I called/emailed everyone I know(all three of them)bragging, singing ridiculous jingles that were quite putrid and had come to me in the time it took me to dial the number. Running outside and knocking on random doors of Cardinal fans and slapping them in the face, screaming expletives that made no sense but followed by "we have Peavy and you don't" so it's all good. And of course like every thing else in my life it was false, not true, a downright lie. So now I am reduced to refusing to answer my phone out of fear of the tounge lashing that I will receive from the elderly women two houses down from me that took offense to my comment I made to her. Personally I have no idea what made her so angry and violent, all I said was "Hey lady, now you have something in common with the Mets, you'll both be buried in a couple of months". So it looks like my Braves will not have the services of Mr. Jacob Edward Peavy. And I know have a court hearing in the morning, overall a bad day.

No comments: