Thursday, September 28, 2006

Michael Bush is a still a BEAST!!!!

After breaking his right leg in Louisville's season opener, Michael Bush says he is in no rush to decided whether he will enter his name in the 2007 NFL draft or return for another year at Louisville. He could either take a redshirt or a medical redshirt and he would be eligible to play again as a redshirt senior.

"I just want to get my rehab done and see how strongly I rebound when the time comes," said Bush.

Bush had a titanium rod inserted into the leg and two screws to hold th rod in place during his surgery on Sept. 4. He is still walking with crutches and he says his recovery time could take between five to six months, meaning he would be 100% in time for April's draft.

"I should be 100 percent or even stronger," Bush said. "To me I'm glad it's not a knee or an ACL or that I messed up my ankle. To me it's just a broken leg. It happens all the time."

When Bush took a handoff from quarterback Brian Brohm on the second play of the third quarter and ran to his left, he was tackled from behind by Kentucky linebacker Wesley Woodyard. Bush said he tried to get up following the tackle, and the he looked down at his right leg and saw his foot pointing in the wrong direction.

"I remember hearing something snapping like a stick,"he said. "The trainers came over to me and were like 'What's wrong?" and I said, 'Look at my leg."

This guy amazes me, not just because of the way he plays the game, but his reaction and quotes after suffering a season ending injury.

Wesley Woodyard called Bush to apologize, but Bush said he doesn't blame him for the injury, saying it was just part of the game. Bush received hundreds of calls and messages of support from well-wishers since the injury, of the hundreds a couple stood out including comedian Bill Cosby and former Louisville wide receiver Deion Branch.


Bush said he's only gotten upset once since the injury, tearing up a little bit while watching the Cardinals play Temple on Sept. 9.

"It's jut part of the healing process,"he said.

Instead of crying and pouting, he's chosen to become a "cheerleader" and spiritual leader for the #8 Cardinals. He also spoke to his teammates during halftime of the team's thrashing of Miami 31-7. That explains why the "U" lost huh Davey. He's been told by his doctors that he may be able to lead his Cards out onto the Papa John's Stadium turf when they host rival West Virginia on Nov. 2.

No comments: