Thursday, January 04, 2007

Lets go ahead and get this over with.

OK, I've been on vacation for the past week or so, so I wasn't able to watch as much football as I would've liked to, but of course I took time to watch the whole Chick-Fil-A Bowl game. The match-up was my Virginia Tech Hokies vs The Georgia Bulldogs.

We had the #1 defense in the nation and they had the #9, we had a unproven QB that has made tons of mistakes and they had a true freshman starting that hadn't lived up to his potential yet. You see, both teams were very similar. I thought, much like many other people, that it would be a low scoring defensive struggle. Well I was sorta right. The game, at first, was all defense and pretty much no offense. But then thanks to our defense and special teams, we were able to score 21 points in the second quarter.

The second half was a complete mess. Sean Glennon couldn't do anything right. Interception after interception. All the blame can't be placed on him though, the offensive line was atrocious, I mean they couldn't block a two year old. Now when you see how many points they put up in the second half, you would have to think "damn, the defense was bad", but no. The defense was good(except goal line), but when your offense can't do anything and you are forced to go 3 and out time after time, or turnover after turnover, then the momentum changes, and it seems like that team can't be stopped, they can do no wrong basically.

Georgia-31 Virginia Tech- 24

So this was a bad loss, Georgia did a great job on cashing in on our mistakes. But we do have alot to look forward to. We have another outstanding class coming in and we will have alot of returning starters.(hopefully not Glennon)

This caps off an overall great season. I mean, how many teams can say that they got a 10 win season on a "rebuilding year"? Not many, I can tell you that.

No comments: