Monday, February 26, 2007

No, that's not awkward at all.

It seems as though the Syracuse Orange have punched their ticket to the NCAA Tournament with a convincing win over #10 Georgetown Monday. Cuse defeated the Hoyas,72-58, to notch their 21st win of the season. Big East POTY candidate, Demetris Nichols(seen in the pic to my left, the one being held ever so closely) led the Orange once again in scoring with 22 points, he also had 4 steals and 3 rebounds.

It also was only the Orange's second win in six games against ranked teams, but this one halted an 11-game winning streak by the Big East's first-place team, and that spoke volumes.

"Two weeks ago, we didn't deserve to be in (the NCAA tournament)," Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim said after his 747th career victory, 13th all-time in Division I and one more than Phog Allen. "I'm proud of my kids. This game was the culmination. We knew five games ago we had to win and play well. The seniors deserve a lot of credit. This was our best game."

Now on to the picture above. While Paul Harris was attempting a free-throw with under a minute to go in the game, Demetris Nichols and Eric Devendorf were celebrating their victory with a hug, but then Devendorf grabbed Nichols head and went in for the kiss, but was apparently rejected(like me on prom night). Now this pic was on ESPN's homepage this evening with subtitles such as "Demetris: I think we just punched our ticket" and "
Demetris Nichols and Eric Devendorf discuss 'Cuse's bubble status." I have decided to give a small list of headlines that better suit the picture.

5. "Does my breathe smell?...No, but was it completely necessary for you to be that close for me to check?"
4. "Stop, someone might be looking....I don't care anymore, let them look"
3. "Why can't you just practice on a pillow like everyone else?"
2. "Demetris, why don't you look at me anymore?"
1. "Olive Juice you too"

No comments: