Sunday, December 10, 2006

David Pollack has stabilizing halo removed...

Cincinnati Bengals linebacker, David Pollack, finally got his stabilizing halo removed on Thursday. He had been wearing it for the last 3 months, when he broke his neck in week 2 against the Cleveland Browns.

It has been very hard the last 3 months for the Pollack family. David hasn't been able to shower, driver, or move from his waist up. David's main goal was to be out of the halo by Christmas so he could turn his head to open presents.

When asked how it felt to take a shower for the first time in 11 weeks and 3 days.

"I stayed in the shower until I was good and pruned," Pollack said. "I think I washed my hair and body seven times."

But getting the halo removed is just the fist step. The Pollack family will still have to wait till Friday to find out if he will have to have spinal fusion surgery. If he has to have the surgery, then his career would be over, if he doesn't then their is still a chance. I hope he doesn't not only because he's one of my favorite players, but I don't like seeing anyone have their career's taken away from them. Good luck David, and I hope to see you in a Bengal's uniform soon.

No comments: