Thursday, December 14, 2006

The news is not good for David Pollack...




Well last week I posted about David Pollack getting his halo device removed and we would ahve to wait aobut a week to find out if he had to have neck surgery to completly heal his broken neck.

If the title didn't tip you off, well, it turns out he will have to have the spinal fusion surgery. All though it is good news that he will recover, the surgery will pretty much end his career. Although the neck will be repaired the risk for another broken neck is highley likely. And doctors said if you break your neck once you may be able to play football again, but if you break your neck twice you may not be able to walk again.


I have said many times that Pollack is one of my favorite football players and I am really upset by this news. The fan in me wants to see him back on the field, but their is nothing more important than family and if playing football again risks him being able to do something that is taken so for granted as walking or one day being able to play with your kids then there is no way he can risk that.
So, good luck with the surgery David. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

No comments: