Monday, March 19, 2007

Another quick update on the NCAA Tournament.

So last time I checked in on how I was doing with my projections I was doing quite well with a record of 14-3 and although that was good, my other 114 brackets were struggling mightily, kind of like a new born giraffe trying to walk for the first time.I believe at one point I was 4% right in a bracket I submitted to ESPN. Pitiful, I know. But in the predictions I submitted on here I am still doing pretty well, at this point I have a record of 34-15 going into the Sweet Sixteen.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but this year's March Madness hasn't been as exciting as it has been. That is probably due to the fact that their are no lower seeds competing still. The highest seed that remains is UNLV, who is a 7 seed. There has been games that have been exciting and everything but as a whole, this year's tournament hasn't really been as fun with out all the major upsets that we have all become accustomed to. Both games that VCU played were down to the wire, had huge comebacks and had me on the edge of my seat. Xavier's two games aswell.

There isn't a "George Mason" this year, and the team that many thought that would be just that, Wintrop, went down against Oregon yesterday, 75-61. It was SI.com that proposed the question "Is the NCAA Tournament dull without major upsets?", and an astounding 82% of the voters agree with me, yes the tournament has lacked a little luster this year. I'm not trying to take any thunder from the teams that have won, but when a team is expected to win and they do, it just doesn't create the same headlines or stir that a team that is supposed to lose and isn't as good on paper does when they win.

Here's the matchups for the third round of the Tournament.

(4)Southern Illinois
(1)Kansas

(3)Texas A&M
(2)Memphis

(3)Pittsburgh
(2)UCLA

(5)Tennessee
(1)Ohio State

(5)Butler
(1)Florida

(6)Vanderbilt
(2)Georgetown

(7)UNLV
(3)Oregon

(5)USC
(1)North Carolina

No comments: