Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I have failed over and over, yet I try again.

I have decided to join a fantasy baseball league although I did miserably in both football and basketball, yet something keeps me going, sorta like the President when he makes his speeches. Any who, the draft was held today, and I have to say, I am quit happy with my team, that is until they all mysteriously develop smallpox and can no longer take the field leaving me with Pete Orr, Ricky Henderson and Jimmy Gobble for my team.

Anyways, here is my team, don't be to cruel with your criticism.

Position Players

Catcher: Ivan Rodriguez (DET)
1st Base: Adam LaRoche (PIT)
2nd Base: Josh Barfield (CLE)
Short Stop: Jose Reyes (NYM) ...Bobby Cox frowns upon my decision to take a Met and frankly, I don't blame him.
3rd Base: Chipper Jones (ATL)...there, there all better, I took a Brave and not just any Brave but my favorite player.
Outfield: Vernon Wells (TOR)
Outfield: Delmon Young (TB)
Outfield: Craig Monroe (DET)

Pitchers

Carlos Zambrano SP (CHC)
Cole Hamels SP (PHI)
Rich Harden SP (OAK)
Chuck James SP (ATL)
Daniel Cabrera SP (BAL)

Mariano Rivera RP (NYY)
Adam Wainwright RP (STL)

Bench

Carlos Quentin OF (ARI)
Edwin Encarncion 3B (CIN)
Josh Bard C (SD)
Wilson Betemit UTIL (LAD)
Chris Duncan LF (STL)
Jhonny Peralta SS (CLE)
Martin Prado 2B (ATL)

1 comment:

Dave said...

Jimmy Gobbel and J.J. Putz are heroes in my book...