Monday, June 11, 2007

Breaking News: The Spurs are good....like really good

To be completely honest, I didn't watch any of Game 2 of the NBA Finals last night, and it wasn't because I was watching the Sopranos. No, actually I was at the emergency room for a good three and half hours because my dad decided it was a good time to nearly hack off the tip of his thumb. So yes, I missed Game 2, the Braves eventual win and the Series finale of the Sopranos.

It wasn't a good night for me at all, besides missing what turned out to be a shitty night for sports and television in general, my dad almost cut off his thumb, I got a ticket on the way home and I almost hit an innocent bunny(yes I call them bunnies, don't judge me, the Bible says not too). I was just glad to get home and go to sleep last night, and hope that today turns out better.

Let's get to the game, not surprisingly, the Spurs dominated once again and don't let the final score of 103-92 fool you, because if it wasn't for a late fourth quarter effort, it would've been a blowout. For the first three quarters of the game, the Spurs could do no wrong and at the half, they compiled the third highest lead in NBA Finals history. But in the fourth the Cav's were able to put together a 22-4 run and maybe gave them some momentum heading into game three which is in Cleveland.

Once again, Tony Parker led all scorers with 30 points and possibly furthered himself as the possible MVP. Parker also put up four rebounds, two assists and went 13-20 from the field. The only person who could challenge Parker for MVP honors, vying a Spurs win, which is going to happen, is Tim Duncan who, like he always does, put up a great stat line, but it was just a shade under memorable. Duncan just missed having a triple-double with 23 points, 9 rebounds and 8 assists. On the Cav's side of the ball, LeBron scored 25 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists but he turned the ball over six times and Daniel "BOOBIE" Gibson had another good game, coming off the bench of course, with 15 points and oh yeah, he shot 50% from the field. If the Cavaliers have any chance at winning even one game, they have to put Gibson in the starting lineup, come on Mike Brown....start BOOBIE!

No comments: