Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Dale Earnhardt Jr to join Hendrick Motorsports next season

Dale Earnhardt Jr has decided to join Hendrick Motorsports starting next season after he was granted his release a few weeks ago by DEI, the team his late father started.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is joining Hendrick Motorsports, hopefully moving one step closer to a championship that has eluded him while driving for his late father's company.

Rick Hendrick said Earnhardt will replace Kyle Busch on his star-studded roster of drivers. The announcement Wednesday ended five weeks of recruiting for NASCAR's most popular driver, who became a free agent May 10 when he said he would leave DEI at the end of this season.

His criteria for a new team included finding a place he could win championships, and Hendrick is the perfect fit. Hendrick has won six championships, and has 10 wins through 14 points races this season.

"It became apparent to me the man I wanted to drive for,'' Earnhardt said at a news conference. "He competes with integrity and most importantly, he wins races ... So today, it is with great honor to introduce my new boss for 2008, Mr. Rick Hendrick.''

I have to say I know nothing about Nascar, so I'm not going to go indepth on this but I will say from what I saw on ESPN this morning, Hendrick Motorsports is like the New York Yankees(imagine that, ESPN mentioning the Yankees even though it has nothing to do with the subject) by the way they have so many big name stars such as Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Casey Mears and now Earnhardt.

No comments: