Thursday, May 10, 2007

Anthony Garcia, you do not ammuse Mo Rivera.

I meant to post this last night, but I couldn't find the photo of the fans that ran out on the field, I was going to use a substitute, but I didn't feel like posting this.

During the 9th inning of the New York Yankees and Texas Rangers game, two fans decided to run out on the field and one of them tried to get a high five from Yankee's leftfielder, Hideki Matsui. He failed miserably as Matsui just pushed him aside. The game was on ESPN, and I guess ESPN doesn't condone showing fans that get on the field, "why give them camera time" so instead they focused their cameras on Mariano Rivera, who is still trying to figure out why he's struggling so much and Mo was not impressed by the fans evading skills.


"I wasn't really concerned," Matsui later said through a translator. "I didn't feel like he was going to attack me or anything."

The other fan soon wound up on the field behind home plate and was quickly handcuffed.

Police identified one of the fans as Anthony Garcia, 22, of Queens. The other, a 15-year-old boy from Rye, wasn't identified because of his age.

A police spokesman wasn't certain early Thursday which of the two had approached Matsui.

The fans were arrested on charges of disorderly conduct, interfering with a sporting event and criminal trespass. Police said Garcia was also charged with resisting arrest. Garcia's home telephone number was unlisted.

Also see this on Babeslovebaseball and Yahoo Sports.

No comments: